Thank you for your interest in the LEAD Wisconsin Media Track! Not only is the Media Track an incredible, hands-on learning opportunity, but it is also the public’s eye into LEAD WI. What you create for the Media Track is often made available on the web and used in promotional materials. For this reason, this track requires a great deal of dedication, initiative and a certain level of skill. The Media Track is one of the most sought-after tracks; so it may fill up quickly and necessitate a waiting list. All Media Track hopefuls are required to complete this application. Final placements will be determined by LEAD Wisconsin Staff.
- Only Alumni Campers are eligible to apply.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee a position in the Media Track.
- Media Track applications are due by May 10, 2022.
- All applicants will be notified of their final placement before June 1, 2022.
- Those not accepted into the Media Track, will automatically be placed in the Senate Track.
Things you should know:
- As a member of the Media Track, you will be held to a high standard.
- Accepted applicants will be expected to function under tight deadlines with tasks that may require research.
- The Media Track requires strong writing skills.
- You will be required to write articles for the newspaper and assist with the news broadcast.
- Self-discipline, initiative, and enthusiasm are vital for Media Track campers.
This application may take some time to fill out. We suggest you work on your answers in a word document and then come back to the application and copy and paste them in. There is no way to save this form and come back to complete it.